The Cosmopolitan Club was founded in 1895 as a study club to promote literary, artistic and social progress. The club became a member of the state federation in 1897. Club meeting topics included state and national history, art, current events, foreign countries and famous figures. Research papers were presented and active discussion sessions followed. Membership was limited to sixteen with admittance only by unanimous vote of the active membership. Membership in the club was restricted to those living in the north end of Tacoma within walking distance of Mason Library.
Scope and Content
The records consist of meeting minutes, 1933-1951; Treasurer notebook; yearbooks, 1932- 1985.